I’ve been a determined user of Google’s social platform over the years, despite waves of negative opinion about the platform. However, I’ve become frustrated with the continued removal of useful features from the platform and though it would be useful to capture them here.
I’m bound to have missed some so please suggest any others in the comments below.
- Google Authorship abandoned
- Ripples removed
- The “Nearby” stream gone
- Shared Circles
- They even removed the option to wish people happy birthday from within Google Now!
- Removal of photos in mobile app
- Google plus profile link removed from main menu
- Google+ links and reviews dropped from SERPs
- While the entire interface had been given a an impressive overhaul, Google Hangouts has now disappeared from the interface.